- Preparing the Pre-cast structure model of the all the 12 staff quarters.
- Preparing the 300+ shop drawings for all the precast element i.e. Columns, Beams, Stairs, HCS and Walls.
- Extracting the BOQ for the steel and concrete used in the project.
- Clash test and coordination with the Architecture and MEP modeling.
The client is one of the state governments in India working on the development projects.
The client approached our team to prepare the Pre-cast structure model of the 12 staff quarters and preparing the shop drawings for the same.
- First project by client in BIM, no existing standards or templates available, all the work had to be prepared freshly from scratch.
- Producing a minimum of 30+ shop drawings per week.
- Coordinating with the other stakeholder on reducing the production cost and time by revising the design to get most no. of elements typical for production.
Solutions and Approach
- 4 Engineers were deployed to deliver the project within 90 working days producing 300+ Shop drawings.
- The team communicated with the client to understand, coordinate and improve the design to reduce the cost and time of construction as well the erection of the structural elements.
- Preparing the real time tracker for the client to track and analyze the project status.
- Coordinating with the other stake holders reducing the conflicts at during the detailing and documentation stage.
- Developed standards and templates for precast project in BIM.
The extensive support from Eshia to coordinate and handle the work is applicable. Eshia has helped our team by creating the templates.